Christ Community United Methodist Church will open its food pantry from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 14, at 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. An ID card is required. Call 919-553-9770.
Father’s Day service
Kingdom Harvest Church will host a special Father’s Day service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, June 15, at 1005 Poole Drive, Garner. This year's celebration of fathers will include live music, an inspiring message, free food and gifts for fathers. The celebration is free to the public.
The guest speaker for the service is Asst. Chapel Hill Police Chief Alonzo Jaynes. Jaynes,a native of Raleigh, oversees the operations of the department. Prior to his current position, he worked with the Durham Police Department for 19 year. Jaynes graduated from Broughton High School, and holds degrees from Mount Olive College and Pfeiffer College. The father of two sons, Alonzo Jr (20) and Trey (14) has been married to his wife Sonja for 20 years.
Ice cream social
Christ Community United Methodist Church will host an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 18, at 1082 Amelia Church Road, Clayton. Call 919-553-9770.
Vacation Bible School
• First Presbyterian Church of Garner will hold its annual Vacation Bible School at 6 p.m. June 22-24 at 503 Lakeside Drive, Garner. All ages are welcome. Dinner will follow the lesson and activities each night. Email VBSatFirstPres@gmail.com to register.
• Oakland Presbyterian Church will hold a vacation Bible school program from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 13, through Thursday, July 17, at 8927 Cleveland Road, Clayton. The theme for this year is “Son Treasure Island” by Gospel Light. An adult Bible study of the Beatitudes will also be offered at the same time. A nursery/preschool class will be available for parents with younger children who are attending the Bible study. Call 919-934-5476 to register. Registration closes July 4.
Mount Moriah Preschool is accepting registration for the fall for ages 18 months to 4 years. Homeschool enrichment classes are also offered for kindergarten-5th grade children. Call 919-772-1273 or visit mountmoriahpreschool.net for more information. The Johnston County public school’s calendar is followed.
• Shiloh Baptist Church hosts GriefShare, DivorceCare and DivorceCare for Kids support groups at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at 3414 N. Shiloh Road, Garner. There is no cost, and participants may enter at any session. Child care is available upon request. For more information, visit www.shilohgarner.org or call 919-553-3319.
• Mount Zion United Methodist Church’s Healing Hope Cancer Support Group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month, in the Share & Care classroom at the church, 15772 N.C. 50, Garner. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-550-9092.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints hosts a New Testament Bible study at 7 p.m. Tuesdays at 1433 Aversboro Road, Garner. The group is ongoing. For more information, visit mormonbiblestudy.wordpress.com.
• Men’s Bible study of Johnston County continues a verse-by-verse study of the Gospel of St. Matthew 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays at First Baptist Church, 202 S. Fourth St., Smithfield. This study group runs through May. Visit www.mbsjohnstoncounty.com.
Send announcements at least two weeks before the event to email@example.com.